A new version of ClickIDE is available. This release supports Click 1.5 and Eclipse 3.4/WTP 3.0.
Sunday, November 9, 2008
Saturday, November 1, 2008
Click 1.5 is production ready and available for download.
This is our biggest release yet with numerous new features, enhancements, documentation and examples.
We would like to thank everyone for their contributions to the 1.5 release.
- Click Home
- Roadmap and Changes
- Upgrade Path - please see the upgrade path when upgrading from a previous release.
- Download Click 1.5
- Maven bundles
- Live examples
- Container - new interface for building arbitrary complex, hierarchical Controls.
- ActionListener - new interface provides compile time safety and support for code refactoring tools.
- Performance have been enhanced by rendering markup from a single buffer. In previous releases each Control managed its own internal String buffer. Our tests indicate performance gains of up to 40%.
- Services - Click core has been refactored into pluggable services.
- Added Freemarker support as an alternative templating engine to Velocity. See FreemarkerTemplateService for configuration details.
- Provide three logging service implementations: ConsoleLogService, JdkLogService and Log4JLogService
- Mock Test Support - introduces an easy to use package to write Unit and Functional Tests.
- ControlRegistry - enables two phase listener dispatch, which allows Controls to bind request parameters before listeners are fired.
- A new deployment strategy allows deployment of resources directly from jars.
- New Renderable interface allows alternative paginator implementations for Table. Two implementations are available with Click 1.5: TablePaginator and TableInlinePaginator.
- A new Powered by Click section was added. If you would like to add your own site to this list, please drop us a mail at one of our Mailing Lists, or directly to "sabob1
- Container explains the new Container concept
- Template vs Programmatic layout explains different layout strategies
- Mock Test Support provides overview of the new testing support in 1.5
- Multiple pages packages allows you to host or integrate pages from separate packages
- Wizard demo shows how to leverage a stateful page and Panels to create a process flow. Each Step in the process is represented by a Panel which is managed by the stateful Page.
- FormTable demo shows how a FormTable can be used together with an existing Form.
- Page link tree provides a demonstration of using the Tree component to link to different pages.
- Table paginators shows the different paginators available
- Country Select field allows users to pick from a list of countries
- Custom Form Layout using Containers shows how to use a Container for laying out forms
- Virtual Keyboard provides a graphical Vitural Keyboard text field control
- Added Dutch language support, contributed by Christopher Highway.
- Improved Form to process controls even if their names is not defined. .
- Fixed ContainerUtils.copyTo where the wrong getter method could be used when a domain object contains multiple overloaded getter methods. This issue was raised by Alvin Townsend .
- Fixed Column internal Comparator which does not take sort order into consideration for non Comparable instances .
- Fixed Panel.getId() to return null if name is not defined .
- Fixed VelocityTemplateService to cater for custom defined Velocity loggers. This issue was raised by Vikram Natarajan .
The Click team.